I made it last year for St. Patrick's Day, along with GREEN beans, a GREEN salad and GREEN jello, which is what the picture is from.
Green Chili's Casserole
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 can cream soup (cream of anything)
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1 soup can of milk
- 1 pound grated cheese
- Sometimes I DO want to beef it up a little so I'll add shredded chicken and corn. If I do that, I'll add an extra can of green chilies to beef the flavor up with the extra stuff added. You may need to play with the milk amount to reach your desired consistency if you do this.
- Grease either a casserole dish, or a 9x11 pan.
- Mix soup, chilies and milk.
- Soften tortillas in hot water.
- Put a little soup mix in the bottom of the pan to keep the food from sticking.
- Layer tortillas, cheese, [chicken and corn] and soup mix until dish is full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for one hour.
Serves approx. 6 adults.
Another nice thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are things you usually have in your kitchen anyway. Great perk!