Thursday, September 2, 2010

Honey-Lime Enchiladas

This is one of my favorites, and I'm making it for my BIG family (Aunts, uncles, grandma, cousins...) on Sunday so I thought I'd put it up here.  I'll have to take my own picture when I make it on Sunday.  For now, here's the picture from the blog where I got it, shared with me by my friend Angie.

And I'll add a tip for cooking chicken that I learned recently and LOVE.  For a SUPER EASY way to cook and shred chicken, put it in the crock pot the night before you'll need it, with just a tiny bit of water.  Let it cook on low all night and in the morning, it is so tender, practically all you have to do is stir the chicken (after you've removed it and those nasty little fatty pieces) and it totally shreds apart.  Amazing, and sooo easy!  (I LOVE easy... don't you?)

One more note: The last time I made it I didn't have time to buy the chicken before I had to make the meal, so I just boiled it.  I used my Pampered Chef food chopper to chop up the chicken instead of shredding it, and a friend who also ate the meal said she really liked it that way.  I do too.  It gets it chopped up pretty small which gets the honey-lime sauce all over the chicken.


Click the picture for the recipe.  And prepare for your tummy to be very happy with you.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails