Sadly, once again, no picture, but this was requested so here it is. This recipe is soo simple and soo delicious. Its made in the crock pot and its fabulous for relief society and ward dinners, etc. Its pretty much a dump-soup and you can't beat that!
Potato and Double Corn Chowder
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (4 cups)
- 1 can (15 ¼ oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14 ¾ oz) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (I used fat free)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 C) (quick tip: use frozen chopped onion)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (quick tip: use a bag of bacon pieces from salad section of store) (I’ve also had great success using cut up ham instead of bacon. Can also use leftover cut up cooked turkey or chicken)
- ½ t salt
- ½ t Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ t pepper
- Mix all ingredients in 3 ½ to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours; high 3-4 hours to develop flavors.
Source: From Betty Crocker’s Slow Cooker Cookbook
You won't be disapointed. Happy Eating!